Honestly it looks ugly and not innovative enough to intrigue me. The last gen had more flash to them, more design. They honestly took too long to come out, and quite frankly i'm hoping these tank as well just like the Wii U.
I bet it's an FX style 8 core on steroids. "2 physical cores, each with 2 logical cores, that in turn each have 2 more logical cores"
- What kind of GPU is in it?
- Is it really running 3 Operating Systems for Gaming, Media, and Kinect? How much of the RAM is taken up by the OS and bull$#!t background processes?
- Is Kinect hard wired into the XB1 or does it plug in via a USB like the first Kinect? Can I use the system without a Kinect Device plugged in?
- Another article on Tom's mentions something about "additional fee for each account added to a game"; does that mean if I buy Halo 5, it will be $60, then another fee for each of my 3 kids who will want to play it on their gamer profiles?
- Is XBL going to be free, or at least discounted? Are all these "neat" features included if there is still going to be XBL Gold, or do I have to pay extra for TV streaming and such?
- What channels will be streaming? can I pause/rewind/record etc?
Damn you M$, you raise more questions, and until they are answered I have no plans of buying a device which appears to be 359 steps back... >.<
It's not a Bulldozer/Piledriver or any FX, it's almost certainly Jaguar, just like the PS4. The GPU is likely of the same family too, but the sources that guessed all the other specs correctly also said 12 vs 18 compute units for the One vs 4. The 4 also uses GDDR5, while the One uses DDR3 plus a small fast eSRAM pool (32MB).
Unless the price for the xbox1 is higher than the PS4, the APU will have to be less powerful than what the PS4 has since they have to account for the kinect hardware otherwise Microsoft will have to lose a lot more money selling consoles if the price is the same. I'm hopeful that all three consoles are successful in order that AMD which provides all the gpu will stay viable to compete against Nvidia and Intel.
ehhhh why no ddr5, microsoft? guess i'm goin ps4. why the hell wouldn't they use ddr5?! does this mean the games coming out for the next 8 years that are ported to PC won't utilize ddr5? well at least our 8 cores will finally be used.
lol @ dietrich1 - like ddr5 would make much of a difference noticeable to a user on a tv...
they'll be designing games that will utilize more than 2-3 cores, so this is great for PC gamers, but the low bandwidth of video is no laughing matter. they made a very large difference between themselves and ps4. when ps4 utzlies the ddr5, you'll notice the difference. then i'll be LOLing YOU! Muhahahahahaha.... MuhhhaaHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *vanishes in a puff of smoke*