Xbox One and Xbox 360 Digital Games

crisangelfan

Reputable
May 19, 2015
I plan on getting an Xbox One soon and I was wondering if, since Microsoft implemented backwards compatibility, can I download Xbox 360 Games to the Xbox One? Also, If I have minecraft for the Xbox 360, can I download the Xbox One version to the Xbox one? Thanks everyone

Mastermmm

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
There are only currently a handful of Xbox 360 titles that are offered on the Xbox One, and a very select few are any good if you ask me. I assume in the future they will make more and more Xbox 360 digital titles available, but for now, the options appear to be minimal. To my knowledge, there is still no backwards compatibility when it comes to the physical Xbox 360 discs.

Minecraft has its own Xbox One edition, but I don't think you can play the 360 version on your One.

jdaniel28

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014
Yes, you can download the Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One. But not all games are supported right now. As for minecraft you won't be able to play it without purchasing the Xbox one edition. And you can't download any new Xbox 360 backwards compatible games from your Xbox one unless you own the disc or bought it digitally on your Xbox 360. This is however only for a while as Xbox announced that players in the preview program will be able to buy Xbox 360 backwards compatible games in the March update.