Xbox One Audio Question

kampy4

Reputable
Nov 16, 2015
Hi, I am hopefully going to be getting a new Xbox One, it will be the elite version that includes the elite controller. I want to eventually start a YouTube channel as well. With that being said, I cant just buy a regular gaming headset (I could but it would be lower quality sound),so I was looking at getting the Audio Technica M30x for headphones and the Blue Snowball or Snowball Ice for the mic. But Im not sure how I would hook them up to the Xbox. Can anyone tell me how to connect the headphones and mic to the Xbox?

Solution
The following link should help:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-compatible-headset

You should also look for the User Guide/Manual specific to your Xbox. May be some variations that would impact your plans.

E.g., The plug and port types dictate the connectivity that you can use.

Google "TS TRS TRRS" without quotes. There are different 1/8" (3.5mm) plugs in use. And some adapter(s) may be needed as well.

Connectivity is necessary to understand if the accessories you desire will truly match the electrical connections your audio requirements.

You might find some diagrams or images showing exactly what you need.

Ralston18

Titan
The following link should help:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-compatible-headset

You should also look for the User Guide/Manual specific to your Xbox. May be some variations that would impact your plans.

E.g., The plug and port types dictate the connectivity that you can use.

Google "TS TRS TRRS" without quotes. There are different 1/8" (3.5mm) plugs in use. And some adapter(s) may be needed as well.

Connectivity is necessary to understand if the accessories you desire will truly match the electrical connections your audio requirements.

You might find some diagrams or images showing exactly what you need.

Solution

MasterChief86

Honorable
Dec 13, 2016
What Ralston 18 said.
Plus, The old xbox, the one i have came with controllers that didn't offer support for regular audio ports.

new-microsoft-xbox-controller-08.jpg

If you look at the one below, it has an additional port near the left which supports regular audio. if blue snowball does have that jack, it is likely to be compatible with th new xbox controller. if it doesn't, your best bet is to look for something that does.

Normal PC headsets like the Audio Technica will probably have separate cables for the mic and speakers, whereas the controller has a combo jack. If this is the case, you might need some type of adapter that will turn a split cable into a single 3.5mm. I know they exist, I've seen them. I'm not sure if they work both ways, however.

TRENDING THREADS