[SOLVED] Xbox One Controller Not Connecting to 3.1 Ports On Motherboard Only

JProco

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
Whenever I try to plug in a basic xbox one controller into my pc in the motherboard's USB 3.1 port it will rumble very shortly, without the light ever coming on, and isn't visible in device manager.

However, when I plug it into the 2.0 ports it lights up and is recognized by device manage. I have tried updating the drivers from there and it says they are up to date, as well as in the xbox accessories app. If I plug it into the case's front 3.0 ports it works perfectly.

At this point I though maybe the 3.1 ports on the motherboard are dead somehow, but they work fine with a flash drive, keyboard, and mouse. I have used the same cable and controller successfully on other pc's. I have tried a different cable, but the one I tried was cheap and old so I'm not sure how reliable that is.

At this point I am out of ideas and have come here for help. Thank you for any help and advice in advance!

Solution
Random question? If you can use other USB ports (3.0 or 2.0) then why you insist to using 3.1? , here some method maybe it works for you. Try to uninstall all the xbox drives then remove all other usb connected, then connect your Xbox one controller to the 3.1 and let window to detect it.
Jan 6, 2019
Random question? If you can use other USB ports (3.0 or 2.0) then why you insist to using 3.1? , here some method maybe it works for you. Try to uninstall all the xbox drives then remove all other usb connected, then connect your Xbox one controller to the 3.1 and let window to detect it.

Solution