Question Xbox one controller not working with bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virago02

Commendable
Sep 27, 2019
My xbox one controller does not want to work with bluetooth but works when I plug it in with usb. I tried reinstalling the drivers via device manager as well as updating my windows. I also already updated the firmware of my controller.

Weird thing is that it works with steam big picture with the bluetooth in no games. In my game controller settings on windows the controller with bluetooth is "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch". With usb it is "controller (Xbox One For Windows)". Also with in device and printers there is 2 xbox wireless controllers that is picked up.

Please can somebody help me!!!!

sounds like Windows just has a corrupt device profile.
my MS XBOX One S gamepad currently works perfectly with ether Bluetooth or USB but i have run into similar issues to yours with it before.

i had to remove the device then manually uninstall all related hardware, software, & drivers.
restarted a couple times, then re-connected through "Add a Bluetooth Device".
this time it connected properly again.
i reinstalled the MS Xbox Accessories app and everything has been fine again since.

Virago02

Commendable
Sep 27, 2019
sounds like Windows just has a corrupt device profile.
my MS XBOX One S gamepad currently works perfectly with ether Bluetooth or USB but i have run into similar issues to yours with it before.

i had to remove the device then manually uninstall all related hardware, software, & drivers.
restarted a couple times, then re-connected through "Add a Bluetooth Device".
this time it connected properly again.
i reinstalled the MS Xbox Accessories app and everything has been fine again since.
It worked before but after windows update it stopped working. Tried all the stuff you said now. IT works with steam games but not cracked games for some reason

IT works with steam games but not cracked games for some reason
many Steam emulators need to be specially configured to allow proper use of gamepads or any controllers.
this is just another good reason why you shouldn't pirate software.

but cracked/pirated discussions are not allowed here so you may get a warning for bringing it up, may get disciplinary actions taken, or may get totally banned from Tom's for continuing this conversation.

g-unit1111

Titan
It worked before but after windows update it stopped working. Tried all the stuff you said now. IT works with steam games but not cracked games for some reason

Easy solution: Don't download cracked games.

This thread will be closed for further replies. Any further attempts to discuss pirated / cracked software will result in sanctions and/or bans on your account.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost
Status
Not open for further replies.