Question Xbox one controller on pc

siveshen

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2014
Hi all.

Does the Xbox controller work flawlessly with pc for gaming? Does the control scheme for games automatically switch to Xbox buttons and prompts or do I have to fiddle with settings?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i use a wired XB1 controller and it has zero issues so long as the game has support built in. . you can adjust key mappings or use whatever the default is. of course this is a game by game concern. i don't play every game on every platform in every way possible.

nothing is going to work "flawlessly". just not gonna happen.

if you are using a wireless controller get used to connection drops, lag and so on and so on. it will never work 100% of the time from what i have seen. which is why i went with the wired controller

siveshen

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2014
i use a wired XB1 controller and it has zero issues so long as the game has support built in. . you can adjust key mappings or use whatever the default is. of course this is a game by game concern. i don't play every game on every platform in every way possible.

nothing is going to work "flawlessly". just not gonna happen.

if you are using a wireless controller get used to connection drops, lag and so on and so on. it will never work 100% of the time from what i have seen. which is why i went with the wired controller
Are you using the powera, pdp or original controller? Those are my 3 options.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
good question, i had to look. lol

mine is a powera controller. win 10 has drivers built in so nothing to install. think i've had it for 3-4 years now and it does what i want it to do. :)

i play golf, racing, action and other types of games with no problems.

siveshen

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2014
good question, i had to look. lol

mine is a powera controller. win 10 has drivers built in so nothing to install. think i've had it for 3-4 years now and it does what i want it to do. :)

i play golf, racing, action and other types of games with no problems.
Oh cool. I'm mainly going to be playing crash bandicoot and spyro. So my question is will the controller map itself according to each game or do I have to change it each time? For example would I have to switch back to keyboard and mouse for games like Skyrim or shadow of war?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that i don't know. most of what i play allows either controller or keyboard. if i start using the keyboard, then it defaults there, but if i use the controller it figures that's what i want and it defaults that way.

either way it is trivial to go into settings on first run and tell it what you want to use and map any keys/buttons where you want them. so i'd not really worry about that. i've yet to be forced to use one or the other if i did not want to.

siveshen

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2014
that i don't know. most of what i play allows either controller or keyboard. if i start using the keyboard, then it defaults there, but if i use the controller it figures that's what i want and it defaults that way.

either way it is trivial to go into settings on first run and tell it what you want to use and map any keys/buttons where you want them. so i'd not really worry about that. i've yet to be forced to use one or the other if i did not want to.
Great thanks.

TRENDING THREADS