Question Xbox one disc drive doesn’t detect discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum_User63

Commendable
Aug 13, 2020
After I took apart my Xbox one disc drive to clean the lens, all of a sudden it will not detect when I put a disc in it, I have taken it back apart and all the cables are plugged in, I would appreciate if nobody suggested buying a pc because I already have one and it’s faster than my Xbox

Forum_User63

Commendable
Aug 13, 2020
I had already used something like that and it didn’t help so I used a qtip and cleaned it off, and made sure it didn’t leave any particles, the disc drive does work better now but it just doesn’t detect the disks I put in it
I would not be surprised if the surface of the lens has been damaged. If that happens it won’t be able to read the disc.

Forum_User63

Commendable
Aug 13, 2020
I would not be surprised if the surface of the lens has been damaged. If that happens it won’t be able to read the disc.
It Reads disks better now but that’s not the problem I’m trying to solve, I’m trying to figure out why it doesn’t detect when I insert the disc

It Reads disks better now but that’s not the problem I’m trying to solve, I’m trying to figure out why it doesn’t detect when I insert the disc

How can you know that it reads the disk if you are saying it won't detect the disk. In order for the console to read the disk it has to detect it first does it not? There are people online that go over Xbox repair, look up some of their tutorials or videos.

Forum_User63

Commendable
Aug 13, 2020
How can you know that it reads the disk if you are saying it won't detect the disk. In order for the console to read the disk it has to detect it first does it not? There are people online that go over Xbox repair, look up some of their tutorials or videos.
If I press eject it will try to eject a disk then after it tries to eject a disk even if it doesn’t have one it it, it will automatically try to pull in a disk

If I press eject it will try to eject a disk then after it tries to eject a disk even if it doesn’t have one it it, it will automatically try to pull in a disk

That's not reading the disk, when you say the system can read the disk that means when you inert a disk it will use it, the term comes from "reading" the information stored on the disk. You put in a game, it detects the disk in inserted then the read heads read the information and the game starts. Maybe you meant things backwards, it detects the disk but does not read it? Either way, need to open it and see what happened, maybe you dislodged some other part.

Forum_User63

Commendable
Aug 13, 2020
That's not reading the disk, when you say the system can read the disk that means when you inert a disk it will use it, the term comes from "reading" the information stored on the disk. You put in a game, it detects the disk in inserted then the read heads read the information and the game starts.
That's not reading the disk, when you say the system can read the disk that means when you inert a disk it will use it, the term comes from "reading" the information stored on the disk. You put in a game, it detects the disk in inserted then the read heads read the information and the game starts.
So if I press the eject button it lets me insert the disk, when I try to just put the disk in the console, it does not detect there is a disk and does not try to load a disk
If I insert the disk after pressing eject it will load the disk into the drive and load the game just fine, I want to know why it doesn’t detect when I try to insert the disk

So if I press the eject button it lets me insert the disk, when I try to just put the disk in the console, it does not detect there is a disk and does not try to load a disk
If I insert the disk after pressing eject it will load the disk into the drive and load the game just fine, I want to know why it doesn’t detect when I try to insert the disk

OK, that explains what is happening, you'd have to find someone online with a similar issue, there are quite a few videos of people that fix consoles online along with how they check them and what they look for. As well as support forums, things on reddit, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.