[SOLVED] Xbox One elite controller Right Analog stick is faulty

fakesympathy

Reputable
Sep 2, 2018
I'm not sure if anyone else has experience this yet, but I have been having problem with my xbox one elite controller. TO be more specific, the right analog stick.

I mainly use it to play games on my new gaming pc, and it has been at least 6 months since I've used it. For whatever reason, the right stick press activates on its own. And then it remains that way for a indefinite time. Sometimes it acts like a quick press and sometimes it's as if I am holding down the RS. It's really annoying if I am playing an action-packed games like GTA V, where RS would activate on it's own and reversing the camera angle, messing up my reflexes.

I am not sure if it's a faulty controller, or if it's a worn out issue from 6 months I had been playing with it. I have been throwing the controller in my rage, but that only happened on few occasions of that timeframe and I always threw against a cushioned surface, like my bed.

I haven't contacted microsoft yet, because I am doubting if the warranty is still good and they can send me a new one

Solution
it's probably time for a new controller, avoid throwing them for any reason. when it's not being used, make sure nothing is pressing the keys or the sticks