Xbox One Fallout 4 Equivalent Settings for PC?

Nqs Blackout

Reputable
May 1, 2015
So I want to know what settings to use in Fallout 4 equivalent to the Xbox One settings. I have an i7 4710MQ 2.5 (3.5 Boost) Quad Core processor, 8gb Ram, and an OC'd GTX 860m.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Well first you will need to downsample your 1080p resolution to 720p or whatever abysmal resolution its runs at on consoles, im not sure if you can do that in game you may need a third party tool or their may be an option in nvidia control panel that will give you the most drastic improvement in frame rate. If you cant figure that out then just run it at 1080p native assuming your monitor is 1080p, it should be able to push it somewhat well on lower settings.

I would agree with aaron probably medium-low settings short distance fade which is how close you have to be to objects and landscapes to see them at full detail. And turn off any hevy anti aliasing like MSAA, texture filtering is probably on 4x or so on consoles, no ambient occusion if their is some it will probaly be SSAO. And you will probably want to turn off god rays.

I think that's actually upscaling. Downsampling is taking something bigger and making it smaller to fit the screen. (DSR for nvidia, i.e. 2560x1440 down to 1080p )
Running it at 720P and the having it stretched to the full screen size. This would be under Adjust Desktop Size and Position in the nvidia control panel settings.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Yeah your right my mistake.

Aaron9546

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015

I just took a look at Fallout 4 on pc with a 30fps lock it does not look like that on xbox one / ps4 so I've no idea what they are cracking out on their systems to make it look the way they do but 30fps on pc is constant lag like your using a gpu that's too weak to handle the game it must be massively optimised and fiddled with on consoles

THats because on PC 30 fps lock is not constant 30 fps.
On consoles, the fps wont move much from 30 (like 29.97 or something) and that keeps the delay between frames constant.
In PCs, that not the case.
I wrote about this many times but the key point is you want steady fps more than you want high fps.

king3pj

Distinguished

Except the console version of Fallout 4 has been getting bashed by gaming websites because it's not able to hold 30 FPS. Apparently there are lots of places where the framerate drops so that isn't true for this game.

dutyprime

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017

first: both ps4 & xb1 run fallout for at 1080P NATIVE, and now the ps4 pro runs it at 1440P NATIVE with other graphical enchantments like various higher draw distances and better god rays

second: anti aliasing used is TAA with "maximum quality in textures*, alpha effects and geometry across the game, lowest grass setting, while other fade settings are broadly set to medium quality equivalents, buildings on the horizon run with 'distant object detail' set to high, shadow distance setting = medium preset, medium god ray setting(480x270), screen space ambient occlusion = on, Otherwise, most other settings are identical between PC and console - down to the screen-space reflections, motion blur, and water shaders during rain. All told, we're looking at substantial PC advantage in draw distances, shadows and god rays. But it's ultimately the same core asset-work and geometry shared between all formats. "
*=before the last pc texture patch where you need a nasa pc

you would think that someone on tomshardware would do better research but instead we have the usual "console setitngs? ugg 480p and lower than low", sorry to disappoint you, but Fallout 4 is almost a 1:1 on PC/consoles, especially with ps4 pro now, only real difference is FPS

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Did you make an account just to write that? On a 2 year old post? I will admit I don't like what I said there and I should've done more research on what I was saying. I would not make a post like that today.