Xbox One Gets 10% Power Boost by Ditching the Kinect

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
And still outdated hardware by 2 years and counting.

Ofc - Its consoles... the ones that will keep gpu tech "hostage" for 7 more years since there will be little software that actually take advantage of more than the meeh hardware they have!

Neve12ende12

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Does this mean I am going to have to experience a frame rate drop every time I snap something or use my voice? Is it going to take longer for me to multitask while I wait for the Xbox to reclaim the GPU memory back from the game?

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
i still say huge burn on anyone that bought an xbox already. you were forced to buy a kinnect under the promise that xbox would be forcing everyone to have one and therefor support for it would be amazing... because everyone had one. now they are going to sell xbox without one and are removing it's reserved processing.

let the down voting commence. you all still got burnt. not to mention, ps4 is better hardware, playing at higher resolutions without screen tearing or stuttering, like the xbox one. for less money too.

G

Still slower than a PS4 and more expensive even with the price cut (PS4s are $379 all over the place) and now lacks its supposed selling feature.

Where? I see them for $399 on all major retailer sites and stores..
eBay doesn't count.

iogbrideau

Reputable
May 28, 2014
i still say huge burn on anyone that bought an xbox already. you were forced to buy a kinnect under the promise that xbox would be forcing everyone to have one and therefor support for it would be amazing... because everyone had one. now they are going to sell xbox without one and are removing it's reserved processing.

let the down voting commence. you all still got burnt. not to mention, ps4 is better hardware, playing at higher resolutions without screen tearing or stuttering, like the xbox one. for less money too.
I have yet to see screen tearing or stuttering on my Xbox One. You probably didn't go into settings to set the optimal settings for your TV. Also if Microsoft goes this way with Xbox one I don't mind, just means more people will be playing with me (although most of them have the one too), and I love the kinect and loved it since having the Kinect on the 360 (which I took a very long time to buy after it came out). When you count all the expenses of buying the new console (xbox live, games, and everything), here in Canada both consoles pretty much cost the same, after said expenses.

What I saw in a video yesterday, they were saying something similar about game developpers not listening to their players, but it still applies here. The people that test these things are "yes men" as they want to keep their job, that's how we end up in these messes, they care too much about their job and just say yes it's a good idea to everything. What should really be happening is these testers say "no it's not such a great idea". Anyway that's what the person in the video was saying. Not sure I completely agree with this, but if it's right, just means the companies should do actual betas and let ordinary people test their stuff before launching it.

ikaz

Distinguished
Kinda funny people were upset at the choices MS made with the Xbox one (rightly so) so MS get a new CEO then changes to what people wanted/thought the way it should have been at the start but now people are upset becaues they got what they wanted ??? I mean this this good news people complained with their wallets and MS listen isn't this how business are support work ? Granted they thought that people would like the changes at the start which they were very wrong so they change it since that is what the customer demands in a little over 6 months time which is pretty fast in the business world for a company as large as ms.

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Still slower than a PS4 and more expensive even with the price cut (PS4s are $379 all over the place) and now lacks its supposed selling feature.

eBay doesn't count.

Sure it does if its a big store selling them like Tigerdirect is doing today for $359.99

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008

eBay doesn't count.

They were also $370 up till yesterday at Rakuten.com

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
no screen tearing eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDsfcqWPU34

watch the XO with screen tearing, and ps4 without.

http://gyazo.com/ebaec00f56ebc0b0366e6026d8b0fcac

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Watch-Dogs-Xbox-One-Has-More-Screen-Tearing-Lower-Res-Shadows-Than-PS4-64353.html

watchdogs, lower res, more frame drops, screen tearing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwDYLByVkMk

titanfall screen tearing bitch fest. internet is FULL of them.

etc etc etc

i get it, you bought an xbox one and dont like the cold reality of the matter so it is easier to just pretend it's just as good as everything else. it isnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.