Xbox One Kinect Torn Down, Exposed by iFixit

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew79

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Due to their lameness and partiality, I have zero interest in Sony hipsters. Two days in, and the Xbox One is the console gamers deserve. It has earned the right to spy on me in my boxers, if that indeed is of any interest to anyone.

People are up in arms because of the mandatory Kinect like without it they wouldn't spy on you. Did you see the new PSN agreement? The PS4 now spies on you and can allow game devs to not allow you to use a used game.

And you are complaining a gaming wheel developed by a PC peripheral company for a PC does not work with a console. That is like me complaining that a SNES controller does not work with my PC.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
People are up in arms because of the mandatory Kinect like without it they wouldn't spy on you. Did you see the new PSN agreement? The PS4 now spies on you and can allow game devs to not allow you to use a used game.

true but ms takes it a step further and actually spies not only on what you are doing on xbox one but you yourself with Kinect.

jigawatt

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009

My 12 year old PC peripherals AND G27 works with my PS3, and with full support. My disappointment IS relevant... the new consoles are more like a PC than ever... yet M$ is more interested in locking out accessories to force people into buying newer proprietary hardware just so it can work with their console, all the while taking in more $$$ on royalty fees for proprietary accessories. Heaven forbid a USB device to work on a console that has USB ports... it is sad, really.

sportsmc3

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2013
Aside from the Kinect, anyone find video games to be too fake for the amount of time they have existed? For example, in sports games on the ps4 and xbox one, they look exactly the same as the ps3 and 360 and I dont want to buy a new console without noticeable changes in graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.