Xbox One Pro ex controller not working on PC

Solution
If it doesn't work on anything it sounds like you got a dud. My advice is to contact Amazon and send it back either for a replacement or one of the wireless ones that come with a receiver for Windows PCs. I had issues with the wired windows xbox 360 controller I had. The wire connector inside it broke from a bit too much back and forth. Similar to the way that many phone charging cords break except this was worse because it was inside the controller. I replaced it with a wireless version and it's great. Works even better now that I am on Windows 10!

Sir_Snek

Prominent
May 25, 2017

I've tried all my ports, but they make no difference. My controller doesn't even light up if plugged in, and it does not work on an xbox 360.

Twistfaria

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016
If it doesn't work on anything it sounds like you got a dud. My advice is to contact Amazon and send it back either for a replacement or one of the wireless ones that come with a receiver for Windows PCs. I had issues with the wired windows xbox 360 controller I had. The wire connector inside it broke from a bit too much back and forth. Similar to the way that many phone charging cords break except this was worse because it was inside the controller. I replaced it with a wireless version and it's great. Works even better now that I am on Windows 10!

Solution