[SOLVED] Xbox One S/ PS4 graphics (question) please help

Stan13572

Reputable
May 3, 2019
I have a new Dell laptop.

Can I hook up a

Xbox one or PS4 to my laptop to make my laptop faster? I have windows 10 pro.

Or is it better to just buy computer parts (A video card?)for the same money? And install them in my laptop.

I mean so that the laptop and Console would run as one device.

If needed I would take apart the console.

For the same money as an Xbox one / PS4 -- what can I buy and install in my laptop?

Stan13572

Reputable
May 3, 2019
does my question make sense?

or if i have bad graphics(on my monitor), and i have a 1080p TV. should i buy a better display and then my gaming experience will be better?

Stan13572

Reputable
May 3, 2019
Only swappable part from a console is the hdd. Rest of the components are soldered. Wouldn't bother. Much like laptops too but you may be able to install more ram but thats about it.

If your laptop has Thunderbolt 3 port, an external gpu might be possible.

https://www.techspot.com/news/73546-external-graphics-docks-could-best-way-saving-money.html

What if I plug in hdmi into my Xbox one s ? Can I use my Xbox that way? Maybe I install a software to use my cell as a display?

All advice is appreciated 😊!!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Laptop video ports (ie Hdmi, DP, USBc/TB) are output only.

Xbox's Hdmi input allows video pass through from ie cable box, laptop or even a ps4. Is for convenience reasons.

If you're asking how to combine Xbox + PC to enhance performance, then no, it's not possible.

Stan13572

Reputable
May 3, 2019

Xbox's Hdmi input allows video pass through from ie cable box, laptop or even a ps4. Is for convenience reasons.

If you're asking how to combine Xbox + PC to enhance performance, then no, it's not possible.

Boju
Is there a way to open the Xbox to look what’s inside? To takeoff the plastic cover?

is there a tutorial online that would teach me how to do this?