• Xbox one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • radeon 7970

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Dman8846

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
I know I just asked a question on what gpu I should get but as you'll come to find out, I'm very indecisive. With us knowing so much info on the console from E3 I started getting ideas to buy one. The bad news is that I only have so much money. Either i'll use most of my resources (Money) on the Xbox one console or spend most of it on the Sapphire radeon hd 7970 vapor-x ghz edition. The xbox one is obviously priced at $500 but I'll likely get a game or two with it so it will be about $560 total. The 7970 is $420 at newegg.com right now. I'm kind of split because I am a huge fan console and PC and also play games like BF3 and COD. The PS4 is out of option because I don't feel like making the switch and prefer to stick with what I already know. If you could I would like pros and cons of both sides. Thanks

I AM NOT trying to start a war of any sorts. I repeat AM NOT trying to start anything. That is why I put this thread under opinions.

Well, you are comparing cars with airplanes but any way.

What other components do you have in mind to use with the GPU? For cos/performance the XBox is the way to go, but the gaming experience and performance (without include price) of a high end gaming rig.

Personally I always prefer PCs, they are more expensive, but you can upgrade when you want/can and performs much better that a console.

Just my 2 cents.

Dman8846

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013

I'm sorry I know it's a terrible comparison but to be honest I just want need opinions. I'm stuck and need someone to help me sway to one side or another. Thanks for the reply though.
My specs are
Motherboard: Asus F1am75-pro
CPU:Amd A8-3870 unlocked
Ram: 8gb
GPU:Visiontek radeon 7850
550w cooler master psu
Windows 7 home premium 32 bit

Well, to be honest a 7970 would not perform very well since the CPU would be a bottleneck for that GPU plus I don´t think than that 550W PSU can handle the 7970.

Try to find out a better options to pair with that AMD CPU or change to Intel, maybe a 650TI Boost or 660TI are more recommended for that rig.