Xbox one will not allow me to format my WD 2TB My Passport (external HD)

dnaylah

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
I purchased a 2TB WD My Passport for use with my Xbox One. When I go into storage in settings, it does not give me the option to format it when I hit A on it. I have tried reformatting it to both styles and neither worked. Everything says it is working fine, it just will not let me use it for games and apps. Anyone have any ideas?

I have seen some of the other posts and tried the recommendations there. I have also done right click on My Computer -> Manage into the Computer Manager and tried to make it work there. Nothing

Solution
Welcome to the community, dnaylah!

I'm sorry to hear about your formatting issues with the WD My Passport drive! :( Can you please share a screenshot of Computer Management => Disk Management when you have the external HDD connected to your PC? Are there any errors popping up when you attempt to initialize & format the drive?

I'd suggest you to check the WD My Passport's health and SMART status using WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics for Windows. Running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests will help us determine if there's anything you should be concerned about.

Keep me posted.
SuperSoph_WD
Welcome to the community, dnaylah!

I'm sorry to hear about your formatting issues with the WD My Passport drive! :( Can you please share a screenshot of Computer Management => Disk Management when you have the external HDD connected to your PC? Are there any errors popping up when you attempt to initialize & format the drive?

I'd suggest you to check the WD My Passport's health and SMART status using WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics for Windows. Running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests will help us determine if there's anything you should be concerned about.

Keep me posted.
SuperSoph_WD

Solution

TRENDING THREADS