News Xbox One X Sales Rocket Amid Xbox Series X Preorders

cia1413

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
Hopefully it was just a bunch of incorrectly programmed bots.
I tried to order a series s from amazon for a bit. There is no way to find the listing by searching for it in the amazon search it just shows you 37 different models of the one s. I bet all of them are real people.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I'm a gamer, and I found Microsoft's naming to be confusing! I'm sure there's a lot of confused normal people out there too. Series X/S is way too similar to One X/S. Search engines also try to be helpful and make assumptions about the wrong product. Microsoft shouldn't have reused the X and S -- they should have gone to A and B or something similarly distinguishable.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Microsoft whipped IBM in the O.S. war(Windows NT vs. IBM Warp) because IBM made things unnecessarily confusing for the user, even though Warp was arguably better than Windows NT at the time. Seems now Microsoft is going the way of IBM. Sad thing is, there are MULTIPLE people getting 6 and 7 figure salaries at MS to come up with and approve this ridiculous Xbox naming debacle. By the way, if someone says "The Xbox one" in a conversation do you know for sure if they don't mean the original Xbox ? Way to misuse the conventional use of the English language, Microsoft. I can't wait until 2024 when we have the Xbox Series 360 One.

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
Microsoft whipped IBM in the O.S. war(Windows NT vs. IBM Warp) because IBM made things unnecessarily confusing for the user, even though Warp was arguably better than Windows NT at the time. Seems now Microsoft is going the way of IBM. Sad thing is, there are MULTIPLE people getting 6 and 7 figure salaries at MS to come up with and approve this ridiculous Xbox naming debacle. By the way, if someone says "The Xbox one" in a conversation do you know for sure if they don't mean the original Xbox ? Way to misuse the conventional use of the English language, Microsoft. I can't wait until 2024 when we have the Xbox Series 360 One.
Right. It isn't just the One X and One S, its the original One too. TBF, there's also a PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS4 Slim - which is very bad. But, I feel like there's a much easier distinguishment to be made between the PS4 and PS5 than a One X and Series X.

I am not surprised at all. I will admit when I saw this I did go and check my own pre order. I had been very surprised that is was easy to find a site still taking orders a good 12+ hours after release and it made me wonder if somehow I picked the wrong one.

Hopefully some parents might realise when they not only pay too little for the series X but it also turns up in the next week and not on the 10th November.

Reactions: Shadowclash10