Discussion Xbox series X do you think and killed itself?

scallumal

Commendable
Sep 6, 2017
Hey everyone this is just a discussion
Do you think AMD killed itself with the socs for Xbox series X it has 52 cus based off of RDNA2 with ray tracing clocked at 1875mhz sustained it plays gears of war 5 at 4k ultra 60fps
You can check the video out it's by Austin Evans
The Xbox is going tob probably sell at about 500usd do you think AMD screwed itself over? Because at that price point 4k ultra 60 is amazing would you say pc is dead till another huge leap is found? I wanna hear all your thoughts on this
I personally am pissed off because I had to pay $350 just for a gpu with nothing else added add my cpu and bam that's $500 so what y'all think about it

Microsoft have the option of selling the hardware at a loss and make their money on games and accessories, they have done this before and it looks like they will again.

We also don’t know how much of a jump next gen gpu’s will achieve. While I am doubtful it last possible 4K 60fps becomes achievable with mainstream gpu’s.

Console sales are massively more important to AMD financially than pc GPU’s. I do see the difference between PC and console getting smaller, especially on the XBox side.