Question Xbox series X hdmi 2.1 ultra certified for rtx 4070ti?

Kellerman88

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
Hi.

Quick question about hdmi cables to use with rtx 4070ti connected to my tv.

Is the Xbox Series X hdmi cable good enough?
The one that comes in the series X box is a 2.1 ultra certified cable.

Havent so much knowledge with this other then i want a decent cable that have good enough quality. Is this a decent cable or should i look for other options? Ultra certified sounds promesing, is it the same as quality certified?

Thanks for some help :)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Ultra or Quality, whatever description gimik it has, 2.1 cable is a 2.1 cable. Long as it's 2.1 certified then you'll be fine. And consoles don't come with dodgy cables so you are good to use with your graphics card.

Here in Aus, an electronic store JB Hifi sells certified 'and tested' 2m Belkin 2.1 cables for $100. My local pc store sells Cruxtec 2.1 cables, same length for 30$. It does 4k HDR 120Hz just fine from gtx 3060ti and also Ps5.

Naming schemes and marketing. It's up to the end user to decide. If you have a chance to try or test things then don't hesitate.

Kellerman88

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
Ultra or Quality, whatever description gimik it has, 2.1 cable is a 2.1 cable. Long as it's 2.1 certified then you'll be fine. And consoles don't come with dodgy cables so you are good to use with your graphics card.

Here in Aus, an electronic store JB Hifi sells certified 'and tested' 2m Belkin 2.1 cables for $100. My local pc store sells Cruxtec 2.1 cables, same length for 30$. It does 4k HDR 120Hz just fine from gtx 3060ti and also Ps5.

Naming schemes and marketing. It's up to the end user to decide. If you have a chance to try or test things then don't hesitate.

Thanks for the answers, yes i also could think about this certified word is just a nice sticker to raise prices up to 100 dollar, i kinda maxed my budget for a while so when i can use the hdmi i have it is great :)

KyaraM

Admirable
I don't see why it would not be compatible. It's not like USB-C cables where some are good for loading a device/data transfer and other can also transfer video signal up to 4k. I would try. They don't cost the world in the unlikely case it's not working either.

Reactions: Kellerman88