News Xbox Series X SSD Loads Gears of War 5 4 Times Faster, Developer Says

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
We should know more as we get closer to the launch date. I actually don't think its something unexpected. There are reviews out there that shows a tangible improvement in load times between a NVME SSD and a mechanical drive. 4x is probably the best case scenario.

closs.sebastien

Honorable
Feb 9, 2018
my nvme is up to 3500 Mb/s.. mechanical hard-drive is between 100 and 200 Mb.. so it's definitely not a factor 4x.. or they take a bad nvme which works at 600 mb/s... say, a standard ssd.

my nvme is up to 3500 Mb/s.. mechanical hard-drive is between 100 and 200 Mb.. so it's definitely not a factor 4x.. or they take a bad nvme which works at 600 mb/s... say, a standard ssd.

You need to use a Capital B which denotes a BYTE, a lowercase b denotes a BIT.

1 Byte is equal to 8 bits, so when you say 3500Mb/s you're actually saying 437MB/s.

Really? I installed a 250 GB SATA SSD in my PS3 Super Slim, back around the same time I built my first SSD-only PC.

You're late to the party, most people I know were building the main Windows drive with a 64GB or 128GB SSD back in the day during mainstream adoption of SSD. They loaded maybe their favorite game on SSD and all other games on magnetic storage.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
You're late to the party, most people I know were building the main Windows drive with a 64GB or 128GB SSD back in the day during mainstream adoption of SSD. They loaded maybe their favorite game on SSD and all other games on magnetic storage.
LOL, wut? I am late to the party?

The post I quoted implied console people haven't yet discovered SSDs. I put one in my PS3 around 2011 or 2012. That was my only point.

Whatever you want to say about PC gaming on SSDs has nothing to do with me.

That’s if it’s loading the game at 3500mb/s. Remember the 3500 figure is sequential reads and a game is made of multiple sequential reads at random Means the speed is way lower than the 3500.

Reactions: bit_user
LOL, wut? I am late to the party?

The post I quoted implied console people haven't yet discovered SSDs. I put one in my PS3 around 2011 or 2012. That was my only point.

Whatever you want to say about PC gaming on SSDs has nothing to do with me.

You Said " back around the same time I built my first SSD-only PC. "

You were late to the party.

TRENDING THREADS