[SOLVED] Xbox Server Connectivity Blocked? On PC

KevinH__

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
Recently I have been getting disconnected entirely from my Xbox App as well as any Xbox games or games I have open while using the Xbox App. I am still able to surf the internet and load things like Youtube videos etc.
When I open network settings on Xbox I receive the following information.. Xbox Networking Status and CMD
I have spent hours trying to fix this problem but I think I'm after making the problem worse. I should note that the problem was a gradual one. It used to only happen in the evenings but now it is a constant problem.

Info about my netsh can be found here... CMD
I believe some of these parameters are not default due to me trying to fix the problem by myself.

My internet provider is Vodafone (And Irish company). (Update: Turns out Vodafone does not support ipv6, not sure if that helps)
Its a standard Vodafone router that came with the internet package, model name is; HG658c
I am using a wireless ethernet connection through a TP-Link WIFI AV200
There are a total of 3 Desktop PC's running in my house and 3 laptops from time to time, as well as up to 5 phones at one time.
None of the other devices experiences this issue, only my computer. I am also the only one using a TP-Link WIFI AV200 which may be contributing to the problem..

My Specs are;
Processor= Intel i3 8100
GPU= Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
Motherboard= ASUS Prime Z370-A
RAM= Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB
PSU= BeQuiet Pure Power 10 600watt
Operating System= Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Storage= WD BLUE 1TB + Samsung Evo 970 250GB
My ethernet cable is a standard cable provided by Vodafone.

If you need any more info please let me know. I don't really understand all of this so apologies if I have posted any useless or sensitive information. Again sorry for probably making this difficult for you by not supplying enough info.
Any and all information that could help my situation would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Kevin

Last edited:
Solution
You have 2 things in the path that can cause issues. Powerline and wifi.

I would move your pc near the router and try a ethernet cable directly. Even though it likely is a pain to do it will keep you from chasing the wrong issue. Does not pay to change pc setting when it is network or make network changes when it is pc issues.

If it is not the pc I would plug into the powerline unit to see if it is the wifi part of the connection or the powerilne units. Those are rather low end powerline units. The av200 standard is at least 2 back. The new av2 based stuff is a massive improvement both in speed and stability.

I would move your pc near the router and try a ethernet cable directly. Even though it likely is a pain to do it will keep you from chasing the wrong issue. Does not pay to change pc setting when it is network or make network changes when it is pc issues.

If it is not the pc I would plug into the powerline unit to see if it is the wifi part of the connection or the powerilne units. Those are rather low end powerline units. The av200 standard is at least 2 back. The new av2 based stuff is a massive improvement both in speed and stability.

Last edited:
Solution

KevinH__

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019

Xbox Networking and CMD
Thanks for the reply, I was already thinking about trying an ethernet cable directly as my router is only in the next room. I wouldn't be surprised if the problem was related to my powerline unit as it has caused disconnectivity issues in the past. My wireless connection to the router isn't that great from my room as we have quite thick concrete walls hence why I tried using a powerline unit. Above are the 2 links I was trying to send. I will also edit them into the post.
Thanks for the help

Update: So after connecting my computer directly to my router via ethernet I am still met with the same problem...
I believe the problem is related to Xbox and their "Teredo" plugin thingy. I am able to use the Xbox app itself and message my friends but I am unable to enter party chat with them and majority of the time I can't connect to games. I don't think the problem would be related to my PC hardware as my PC is relatively new. Could it be something to do with my NAT Type not being open? I've tried opening it but can't work out how.

Last edited:

KevinH__

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
I can not comment on xbox. That was one of the things that I worked very hard to remove from my win10 machines. I think I finally out smarted them so it does not reinstall when they patch.

I would uninstall too if my friends didn't play on Xbox. If it weren't for that I would do the exact same. What do you suggest I do? Some of my friends seem interested in buying PC's however that would not be for a long time. Microsoft support is the biggest joke of a tech support service in my experience so I don't know what to do anymore. I've reset my Xbox App multiple times but maybe a complete uninstall and reinstall off my PC would do the trick?

EDIT: I'm almost certain it is to do with my NAT type being "Moderate/restricted". To avoid this I need to make it an "Open/cone" NAT type however I do not know how to do that. I'm looking around the internet right now for ways to do it but if you know how pls let me know.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Although it is not a safe long term solution you can set your computer as DMZ in the router. Most times a function called UPnP opens ports dynamically for games. If you have other port forward rules for other machines that can also be the problem. Only 1 device in your house can use a particular port.