xbox to ati tv wonder ve

Okay I have a Tv Wonder VE and just hooked my xbox up to it last
night. I bought an adapter for the audio and have it hooked up to my
line in on my onboard sound. I have the video hooked up through the
video in port on my tv wonder ve. everything works just fine for a
while, but after about 30 or 45 min (havent timed it exactly) my
monitor just goes black. If i reboot I get a system failed vga test
error and the screen doesnt come back on (i have a voice with the
motherboard that tells me so). I have to unplug the video in from the
tv wonder card and then reboot and everything comes up just fine. as
soon as the comptuer is rebooted i can plug the xbox back up and go
about my merry way for 30 more min or so. I am using the 7.1 version
of the tv software as i cant seem to get it updated to the 9.0 for
some reason. any suggestioins?

Sure it is not either PowerSave, VGA shutdown or blank screen saver option
enabled? Check both in bios (disable all power saves) and windows.