Question Xbox wireless adapter issue (not XBOX ACC)

Feb 10, 2021
Does anyone know if any recent updates to Windows would affect the wireless adapter for Xbox One controller? I have been using an Xbox One wireless controller with my PC for about 6 months now. I purchased a second hand official adapter from Ebay after the charger port stopped working. After syncing first time it worked perfectly and all I had to do subsequently was switch on the controller when needed and the adapter would pick it up without fail. Last week they stopped syncing, even when I put them next to each other. Both devices blink but do not pair. My phone is able to detect the controller and last night I was able to install the adapter and pair with my controller using my partners old laptop. I don't think she has updated Windows 10 for at least 2-3 years. i have tried uninstalling and rebooting and tried 4 different USB ports to no avail. I also ordered a replacement adapter but I have the same issue. Both devices appear on Device Manager under Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, updating drivers does nothing as Windows insists they are up to date.

ASK THE COMMUNITY