Question Xbox Wireless Adapter Reduces GPU Load

Aug 19, 2020
Hi guys!

New here but not new to PC gaming. So my problem is as follows:

I'm currently playing Horizon: Zero Dawn on PC and it runs great but I'm having issues using my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2.

When I'm using the Bluetooth antenna from my mainboard, I keep getting disconnections with my controller. Sometimes the controller reconnects back, sometimes it doesn't. A huge lag spike comes right before the disconnection.

I bought the Xbox Wireless Adapter for the controller hoping it'll fix the Bluetooth issue. But it didn't: Whenever I connect my controller with the adapter and play the game, my GPU load drops from 99% to around 60-70% causing major FPS drops. If I turn off my controller or connect it via its USB cable or Bluetooth, it jumps back to 99%. Here are my specs:

Intel Core i9-9900K
Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200
500GB Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus + 1TB Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus
4TB WD Black (WD4005FZBX)
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio
Creative Sound Blaster ZxR
Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W
Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 2004

So what's going on here? All my drivers are up-to-date, Windows 10 as well. Tried using different USB ports, too. Other games I tested (Division 2, Control and SnowRunner) are not affected by this issue. Any solutions for this?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020
Alright, so the issue is finally solved. I had the Epic Store version installed which seemed to have problems with detecting controllers (e.g. PS4 controllers on PC), so it wasn't just me with this weird issue. I switched to the Steam version now and the issue has disappeared, no GPU load drops using my adapter at last. Seems like the EXE file of the Epic Store version has some problems with this. :unsure:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS