ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Does anybody know of there are Ctrl, Alt and Delete buttons are on the Xbox joypad.

-------------Playstation 2 RULES----------------

<font color=blue>Elephants are the only animals that can't jump. Just as well!</font color=blue>

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
No. But there is an "EMP the nearest playstation 2" button.

The ps2 user will see the following message:

<font color=red>"The Path of the righteous man is beset on all sides, by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak, through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those, who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! And you will know, my name is the lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"</font color=red>

Then their console will get obliterated.

<font color=red>"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>

ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Believe me they'll need that button too. It's the only way they'll get ahead.

<font color=blue>Elephants are the only animals that can't jump. Just as well!</font color=blue>

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Thats what the big green blob on the control pad does.

ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Nice, that must explain the price so, seeing as you can't play DVD movies!
So what will be the net effect if all Xbox owners hit this at the same time. Or maybe it's Microsofts plan to take over the world. When all users log on for on-line gaming, Microsoft will send a signal to all Xboxes (what is the plural spelling for that) to trigger the EMP simultaneously wiping out the competition.

One problem though. All the TVs will be knackered so what do u play your Xbox on?

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
XBox Does play DVDs!

RCF have you seen the new reduced Gamecube specs?

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
During the UK XBox Launch (rather a capability display) the microsoft official said, you won't be able to play DVD's straight away. Instead, you will have to wait until the remote control is released. This will enable the DVD Movie functions of the box.

mpjesse

Splendid
That was pretty funny. But what'll be even funnier is how XBox sales will run over Playstation 2 sales in a matter of months. M$ has a half billion dollar marketing strategy planned.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I remember CDi by Philips. They invested over 1 billion dollars in that plateform, mostly promoting the new device. It failed miserably. I am not convince Xbox will sell that well. Its maybe microsoft first Edsel on a big scale. 1/2 billion on marketing hype, losing $100-150 per sell doesn't make for great profits. Allot of hype usually draws much attention and nick picking of a product. We will see, I just don't think it will sell well. It is not a typical game console, not a typical computer, price rather high as well so far, I think most people will have a wait and see attitude about it for awhile to come. GameCube I predict will sell like hot cakes, price is lower and seems to be more ready then X-box with much more game support. Now GameCube everyone is pretty much understands what it is, it is a game machine, compact and more advance. Not to surprising and different, comfortable, brand recogniztion and timed about right. Many younger parents had Nintendos when they where a kid, with many found memories of the experience, I think this will help in a very big way. We will see. Microsoft doesn't necessarily promote a warm fuzzy feeling now days. My two cents worth.

OzzieBloke

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2001
I suppose if Microsoft heard you saying something about warm and fuzzy, they might just stick a picture of Bill Gate's balls on the console or joypad.

Cow with legs spread wide either dead or playing 'cello.

G

Here's how the xbox will work:
1)
You have to push the START button to turn it on and off
2)
the manual will claim that you can play a couple of games at once, but everytime you start playing the second game, the first one will crash :)
3)
There are a lot of requires clauses on the games manuals, if you didn't read it and you broke it, the xbox might explodes due to the incompatibility with the videocard.
4)
If (3) ever happens, since the videocard runs almost everything in the system and it will not be destroyed in the combustion (I'm nvidia fan), you can always fix the xbox for 10 bucks.
There are some upgrading options:
19 inch flat monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
TV tuner (God knows why people want to buy this thing)
additional hard drive
CDwritter
processor upgrades to Pentium 4

and an OS that keeps on giving you a lot of meaningless notices and then crashes.
(Oops my bad, the Xbox itself will be crashing a lot anyway ...)

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Noko,

Did you hear about the GameCube specs being reduced 20-25%?

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Not really. I have scene pictures and animations of the Gamecube games and read very positive comments from developers being very impressed with the gamecube. Specs can be misleading, look at the Kyro2, with SDR ram at 175mhz can beat the GF2 Ultra with 450mhz DDR speed ram in a few benchmarks. Time will tell in this case. I think the GameCube will be a real winner and the Xbox will fail. I can be very wrong too.