xD and SmartMedia compatibility questions

Digicam newbie considering an Olympus C4000 for $250.

Looks like this is a good price -- agree?

Any compatibility issues between xD and SM that I should be aware of?
4-128, 2-256 or one 512 MB?

Which batteries are recommended?

Thanks!

"Fireant" <fblackgoat@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> Digicam newbie considering an Olympus C4000 for $250.
>
> Looks like this is a good price -- agree?
>
> Any compatibility issues between xD and SM that I should be aware of?
> 4-128, 2-256 or one 512 MB?
>
> Which batteries are recommended?
>
> Thanks!

According to www.dpreview.com, the Oly C4000 takes SmartMedia cards only.
The max size for these cards is 128 Mb.

You should get LiMH batteries, and a charger. I recommend
www.thomasdistributing for these items.