Question Xeon e5 2696v3 turbo unlock doesn't work at all

Sep 26, 2022
Hi,sorry that my english isnt veryy well, i have xeon e5 2696 v3 on huananzhi x99 tf.
I trided all of internet Tutorial and turbo unlock driver and its akways 3.3ghz max turbo on stress or game but if i go to destop somtimes it reach 3.7 GHz and i dont know what to do i read about thermal throtling but my cpu has 30-40 celcius and if i try to unblock power cut in throtle stop but it Goes down to 2.8 at stress. Is that posible to unblock power it or fix that will it works at 3.8ghz at stress or in a game?

Sep 26, 2022
that look right. 3.6 is when only have 1 active.
2.8 is the based. don't think you can oc a xeon.
I have 3.3 on all cores, 2.8 was on stock bios and i have seen a video with,a same procesor and mobo with3.7 at all cores and i dont know how this guy did this

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
i have seen a video with,a same processor and mobo with3.7 at all cores and i dont know how this guy did this
Many of those vids around, he/they likely uses a custom bios which he/they again likely linked in the video description. You'll probably need to look again/more.
Might also be that the motherboard you use just doesn't give the ability to change this behaviour in any way.

Sep 26, 2022
Many of those vids around, he/they likely uses a custom bios which he/they again likely linked in the video description. You'll probably need to look again/more.
Might also be that the motherboard you use just doesn't give the ability to change this behaviour in any way.
They dont linked the bios and i ask for it anyway in the comment setction but the mobo in some Vids are same or very simlar like only visual details but no one replay me

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
That link is not for just downloading a bios, it's for making a back up of your current bios, modify your bios and flash it onto your motherboard, it's a tutorial, not just a fast download, but i guess you don't want to do the dirty work,look at the whole vid and learn. You might very well brick your motherboard if you do things wrong. keep that in mind.

Sep 26, 2022
That link is not for just downloading a bios, it's for making a back up of your current bios, modify your bios and flash it onto your motherboard, it's a tutorial, not just a fast download, but i guess you don't want to do the dirty work,look at the whole vid and learn. You might very well brick your motherboard if you do things wrong. keep that in mind.
No i tryed to make my own modified bios with s3 turbo tool and i insert turbo unlock driver with undervolt - 90 and - 70mv and with the same resoult and change bios state to c0 c1 and disable c3 and c6 report

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
At about min. 7.30 and up he tells to disable bios lock, did you do that as well?

About the only thing i can think of, but you have to do the legwork. If you really want to do this keep reading about it and make sure you follow all steps a tutorial talks about.

Sep 26, 2022
At about min. 7.30 and up he tells to disable bios lock, did you do that as well?

About the only thing i can think of, but you have to do the legwork. If you really want to do this keep reading about it and make sure you follow all steps a tutorial talks about.
I fix that i made custom pei driver - 100 - 70 mV and unlock chipset lock and cp/c1 state c3 and c6 report disable. On stress its still 3.3ghz but in game its 3.7 but better than before. Are they any methot to unlock power throttiling?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS