[SOLVED] Xeon w3565 safe temps

old pc gamer

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
Hi guys , i have a question . what are the safe temps for Xeon w3565 ?
i have a deepcool k2 cooler and if i run a stress test , it gets up to 60-65 degrees and the sistem shuts with no warning then power itself up
sometimes it shuts at 52 celsius
i'm using intel XTU
i suspect that my psu is going bad because it's a really old model ( the sticker is scratched and i don't know the brand but is says 600w)
i'm trying to make this sistem for my little cousin
the specs:
xeon w3565-cpu
hd 5870 1 gb -gpu
8 gb ram hyper x 1866mhz
1 tb hdd
Ik it's not a great sistem but he wanted to use it for lite gaming
Any advice is welcome and thx

Solution
Those temps should not cause a shutdown. In fact, the temps would have to be a lot higher before the CPU even throttled, let alone shut down. I suspect you are on the right track with the PSU idea. What make/model is the PSU?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Those temps should not cause a shutdown. In fact, the temps would have to be a lot higher before the CPU even throttled, let alone shut down. I suspect you are on the right track with the PSU idea. What make/model is the PSU?

Solution
Those support 3 channel DDRs RAM you should bump it up to 12GB. Those old Nehalems sometimes clock down the RAM with over 3 slots populated so 3x4GB would be best. If anything on the MB is getting wonky the PSU will detect it and shut down to protect the system. So it may be the PSU is just doing it's job.