[SOLVED] Xeon X3440 \ Asus P7H55 \ Kingston Hyper X Fury 1600 MHz 8 GB Dual Channel OC help

Aug 28, 2019
Hi there, i bought Xeon X3440 several months ago, but decided to not OC it until i buy more RAM and i haven't done OCing before.
Cooling - DeepCool Gammax 300
What i tried so far:
  • Disable Intel SpeedStep
  • DRAM Voltage - 1,65 V
  • Load-Line Calibration - Enabled
  • CPU Multiplier: 0.9
  • RAM slowed down from DDR3 - 1333 MHz to 800 MHz (It is slowed down to 1333 MHz by default because of the CPU, it's a 1600 MHz RAM in dual channel)
  • QPI Frequency slowed down to 4270 MHz.
  • Fixed CPU Voltage - 1.10000
  • DRAM Timings - 11-12-12-31 (Not sure about these)
  • BCLK from 133 to 200, then stress tested it all with AIDA64 for 10-15 minutes, everything was okay, then i decided to set BCLK to 205, stress-tested it for 15 minutes, then set BCLK to 210 - and that's when my system goes unstable showing me BSoD during stress-test.
Any advice on what settings i should try?

Solution
This is a good guide for OC'ing. I'd strongly suggest reading it, and learning about what you are doing, and what you want achieve. There is no real hard advise to give. Each chip is different so you have to test yourself. There is no shortcut. What works for one user on their PC simply may not work for yours.

It's a trial and error process. The more you know about it the better.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/cpu-overclocking-guide-and-tutorial-for-beginners.3347428/

My own personal advice would be to stick with OC'ing one thing at a time. CPU or RAM or GPU, doing a combination means there are too many variables to keep track of when something goes wrong.
This is a good guide for OC'ing. I'd strongly suggest reading it, and learning about what you are doing, and what you want achieve. There is no real hard advise to give. Each chip is different so you have to test yourself. There is no shortcut. What works for one user on their PC simply may not work for yours.

It's a trial and error process. The more you know about it the better.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/cpu-overclocking-guide-and-tutorial-for-beginners.3347428/

My own personal advice would be to stick with OC'ing one thing at a time. CPU or RAM or GPU, doing a combination means there are too many variables to keep track of when something goes wrong.

Solution