Xerox 6015DN Printer demanding manual feed

Joel-LCMCD

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
We have 2 Xerox WorkCentre 6015DN printers. One is in the main room and is a network printer, the other is in an office as a local printer. Here is the dilemma...I can print document A from any computer, including the one with the local printer, to the Network printer just fine, from Tray 1. When I try to print the same Document A from any computer including the one with the local printer to the local printer it requires I use Manual Feed. I have checked properties for both printers, both are set to 8.5 X 11, both are set to plain paper, both are set to default to Tray 1. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the local printer and get the same results.

Solution
I figured you checked the obvious, but sometimes that is the best place to start. Is there a way to select options from the printer menu itself, rather than through Devices and Hardware?

I have a Brother printer (MFC 7360N), and when I click on the device in Devices and Printers, it brings up the Brother Solutions Center. From there, under Paper Source, I have the options for First Page and Other Pages. For First Page I have Auto Select (the other choices are Tray 1 and Manual). For Other Pages I have selected Same as First Page. I know you have a different printer, but do you have the equivalent of Auto Select as an option? For me Auto Select will print from the Tray as the first choice (as long as there is paper in the tray)...
I figured you checked the obvious, but sometimes that is the best place to start. Is there a way to select options from the printer menu itself, rather than through Devices and Hardware?

I have a Brother printer (MFC 7360N), and when I click on the device in Devices and Printers, it brings up the Brother Solutions Center. From there, under Paper Source, I have the options for First Page and Other Pages. For First Page I have Auto Select (the other choices are Tray 1 and Manual). For Other Pages I have selected Same as First Page. I know you have a different printer, but do you have the equivalent of Auto Select as an option? For me Auto Select will print from the Tray as the first choice (as long as there is paper in the tray), unless I have inserted a sheet of paper in the Manual slot before hitting print.

Solution

Joel-LCMCD

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017

Joel-LCMCD

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
The on printer menu was the source of the problem. Someone had set the tray 1 paper type to heavy card. Reset to plain paper and its working well now. Thanks for your input