[SOLVED] XFX 5600XT Thicc 2 Temperature 58° on idle (one month-old card)

Nov 27, 2020
Guys is it even normal? Fans are not working, and it's 58° on idle. When i dont play, temperature is pretty normal. My mate has RX580 and it's 40° on idle, also fans not spinning. What could be wrong with my GPU?
I overclock it only when i do mining, on pic you see the stock version. There must be something wrong.
CF8uL6P.png

Solution
Games if purchased and not pirated are very very unusual to be affected by a virus.
You can always use a spare drive to install windows and see if the issue remains. Have only that connected and not any other drive, just to be safe.
If you are afraid of the USB being infected, you can download windows from another PC.
If you were doing something with your PC that needs the GPU, like watching videos, youtube, design tools, rendering, etc it's completely normal. The fans for most modern GPUs start to spin (depending on manufacturer) at 52-60C .
So, what were you doing before that screenshot? If you leave the PC without doing ANYTHING for 5 mins, what are the temps?
Do you have sufficient airflow in your case? What is your case?

Nov 27, 2020
If you were doing something with your PC that needs the GPU, like watching videos, youtube, design tools, rendering, etc it's completely normal. The fans for most modern GPUs start to spin (depending on manufacturer) at 52-60C .
So, what were you doing before that screenshot? If you leave the PC without doing ANYTHING for 5 mins, what are the temps?
Do you have sufficient airflow in your case? What is your case?
I went to eat something for 2-3 mins to kitchen, meanwhile only radeon software was running. And it was 57 degrees. I have Corsair Spec Delta, with 6 fans inside. 4 fans are cases' own fans, and other two fans (upside) Be Quiet! Pure Wings 120MM.
And im thinking there may be crypto virus. I will try my chance with formatting disks. Btw i also do mining at nights, when i do mining i overclock to 1808 MHz memory clock.

Nov 27, 2020
Nov 27, 2020
A clean windows install will do fine as well. I didn't suggest it because it's more time consuming and most people do not want to go full nuke immediately.
Do check task manager as well.
GPU doesn't go further 5% usage on idle, as i spotted on task manager. I'm going to have a fresh windows install, but i have two questions;
If there is a miner virus, will it infect my USB disk while i will be downloading Windows on that?
And if there is a miner virus, would it be healthy if i backup my games on my harddisk, and if i dont format my harddisk?

Games if purchased and not pirated are very very unusual to be affected by a virus.
You can always use a spare drive to install windows and see if the issue remains. Have only that connected and not any other drive, just to be safe.
If you are afraid of the USB being infected, you can download windows from another PC.

Solution
Nov 27, 2020
Thanks. I will start trying reinstall my drivers. When if find solution (if i can) i will write here.