XFX 750a pcie not active?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddaytona1

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
I've tried to install a EVGA Geforce 550 TI into either of the PCIe 2.0 slots on this motherboard. I've disabled the onboard video card and removed the drivers, and installed the drivers for the 550 TI. When the GeForce card is installed, the motherboard never recognizes it. I tried the GeForce card in another computer and it comes up just fine. This is the first time I'm trying out the PCIe 2.0 slots in this motherboard.

Is there a setting Im missing? A jumper? Bios?

Solution
Usually this is just a card not seating properly. Check to see if the card is as far into the PCI-e slot as possible. If you are unsure. Set the board up outside the case and try without it. Some cases prevent a GPU from seating properly.
Usually this is just a card not seating properly. Check to see if the card is as far into the PCI-e slot as possible. If you are unsure. Set the board up outside the case and try without it. Some cases prevent a GPU from seating properly.

Solution

ddaytona1

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

Thanks for the response. I'll check that again tonight, however I was in the case with a flashlight and did see that the gold fingers on the video card edge were securely down in the PCIe slot. I did some further research on the MB and found that the Green Card Slot is the primary video slot when one card is being used. I did try using that slot only but didnt have any results.

Any other suggestions? I havent fooled with many motherboards, but would there be something in the BOIS governing the slots? I wouldnt expect there to be but you can never be sure.

ddaytona1

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
After installing the card multiple times, things started working. No real reason. The system does stall on boot up now that the card has been installed, and 1 SATA drive and my SATA DVD burner are no longer recognized in the BIOS. However, the card is working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.