ibreakstuff

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
I emailed XFX to find out if it were possible to adjust the multiplier in bios and they referred me to a forum. Just something to think about for anyone looking to buy one of their boards.

ibreakstuff

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
I think I figured it out. The bios setting is actually a hex number, so when I tried to change my multiplier to 15 I was actually trying to boot at 3.7 Ghz. I'm running at 2.9 Ghz now (Fid 0d), but I'll go a little higher tomorrow.

r_manic

Administrator
That depends ibreakstuff... did the forum they refer you to actually provide helpful info?

Makes sense about the hexes (if a bit user-unfriendly). So you just input the hexadecimal equivalent of the multiplier? I don't understand entirely, since 2.9 in hex is 2 if i'm not mistaken.

ibreakstuff

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
The forum I was reffered to had maybe 5 post on this MOBO. I'm not sure what the exact hex equivalent is, but I found a chart that seemed to work out. I think the NB multiplier is also adjustable (using a different chart) but I didn't try it out,

seriousnote

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Someone please Answer.

I have the same Probs. XFX Nforce 750a MOBO Limited to 95w which out rules the series 955, 945,940,and 920 Phenom II x4.

I can however choose 910, 810, and 805 Phenom II x4 but they are all socket AM3.

Now as we know this is an AM2+ MOBO. Will this work even without BIO updates at all, and if it dose work with no BIO updates will it effect the overall speed of cpu?

Thanx in advance......

ibreakstuff

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
I don't know if it will work without the Bios update but I may have to find out soon. The update process for the Bios on these boards is a pain in the ass.

I've been having a problem when booting. The 9800gt fan spins at 100% and the computer will not start unless I reset it a few times. XFX tech wants me to reinstall an older bios to see if it fixes my issue. If the phenom runs well with the old bios I'll let you know.

TRENDING THREADS