HappyKillmore

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
I am looking for a memory upgrade to get to 8Gb of ram, according to the motherboard specs thats 4 2Gb chips.

None of the memory on their compatible memory list is available any more so that list is almost useless. I contacted XFX and their reply was this - "memory needs to be: DDR3 2000 (OC) / 1800 (OC) / 1333 Support DDR3 up to 2000 MHz memory with EPP 2.0." Now according to their memory list the 2000 and 1800 memory can only be used in a max of 2 modules which will only get me to 4Gb, it is also next to impossible to find.

I havent looked at the 1333 memory yet but on their memory list is also 1600 that they dont mention in their reply both of which can support 4 modules potentially giving me 8Gb. I can find plenty of this in sets of 4 2Gb modules on Newegg but none of them say anything about EPP 2.0. I would rather have the faster 1600 over the 1333 if I can use it but I cant find anything about EPP and dont know if it makes a difference, according to XFX it does. This is all starting to get very frustrating and confusing so if someone can help I would greatly appreciate it. The memory I am looking at on Newegg is below.

GSkill Ripjaws 4x2Gb PC 1600
Corsair 4x2Gb PC 1600
Kingston 4x2Gb PC 1600

If any of these will work on this board please let me know or if you have a better suggestion please let me know that as well. This is only one of several upgrades in progress, upon finishing I will have the following.

QX9650 w/Ultra ChillTec CPU Cooler
8 Gb RAM - not sure whos yet
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Galaxy GTX 670 GC 4 Gb Video
( If I can swing it this will be displaying on my 32" HDTV while gaming )

I would get the Corsair 2x4gb , it's better not to fill all the ram slots so I would go with two sticks of 4gb.
I rarely if ever look at the QVL for the ram of a motherboard , most all ram will work and if the QVL has tested 133 mhz and 1600 mhz then pretty much all the brands will work because they all follow the same spec's for making the ram in the first place.
If you want to get ram that will work all the time then get 1600mhz and 9-9-9-24 nd put it in , it will work every time.

HappyKillmore

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012

I thought the motherboard would only take up to 4 2Gb chips, max 8Gb RAM, so I dont think 4Gb chips will work on this board.

TRENDING THREADS