XFX 8800gt displays JUNK while rendering high graphics

varwiz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
my 8800gt displays junk while rendering graphics .. it runs smooth and i am able to move around windows easily .. but when i try to open a game , ( race driver grid , call of juarez , etc ) - it starts displaying junk(black screen with no.of paralel n vertical lines everywhere ) in my monitor . audio freaks out .. none of the keys work and the only way to bring it back is to restart . Now i am not able to play any games

P.S : my card works fine while operating windows( i am able to watch movies , listen to songs etc) . i am able to adjust all parameters in the nvidia control panel . But when it comes to games - all it displays is JUNK !!

PLS HELP .

system config
-------------

2GB DDR2 RAM transcend
320 HDD
intel DG33FB chipset
core 2 duo 2.66 GHZ
creative sound blaster 5.1VX
XFX 8800gt alpha dog edition DDR3
samsung 932n+ display

varwiz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
ya it worked very well until one day when the graphic card dint work at all (it kickstarts n stops) .. i gave it for service and they gave a replacement card . the replaced card had the aforementioned problem its weird !

done reinstalling drivers .

temps re normal

dint overclock

PSU - Zebronics PRO SERIES

varwiz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
the servicemen only check the card for display . they connect it - chk if it displays and return my card saying it doesn ve any problem .

the problem occurs only when it renders high graphics (when i play games)... these people are not understandin tht . tht is 2 times they ve returned my card with the problem still there .

xc0mmiex

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
if you download OCCT and do the stress test for the GPU and you get errors instantly and lots of them... then it is a hardware problem for sure. However, i am not exactly sure how you can convince them that its broken, unless u make it broken (sometiems the only solution when technical personnel is so unqualified, it took me 4 hours to convince a gateway level 3 support technician that an 8400gt is not a fair replacement for a 7950gt)...

wh3resmycar

Distinguished

all i can say that these servicemen and the company who you get your service from is crap.

and a teeny bit of artifact is enough to warrant an RMA, assuming you didnt physically damage your card.