[SOLVED] XFX AMD SWFT 309 RX 6700 XT rattling fan

LukaNyan

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2015
Hi, I just got this new GPU on amazon spain for 439 euros +10 shipping.
All very nice until I noticed that with the speed at 65-80% of the fans, the last one on the right starts making an annoying noise, and I would like to know if there is an easy fix without having to disassemble it or if I should do it. RMA (from amazon spain what a shock though, I hope I don't have to pay for shipping).

With the new RX 7000 on the way, should I keep this then? Mah ..
Will the prices of the new RXs be in line with these? I read about $ 450 for the rx 7700 XT then boh, maybe it will be $ 50-100 more who knows!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESl64gj1eek

Video recording the sound. Thank you

Solution
The sound seems like a cable is brushing up against the fan blades and making that rattle. Another instance of why that could happen if there's a hair follicle impeding the fan's motor/movement. What is the make and model of your PSU? I wouldn't tamper with that card, instead do an RMA explaining the situation. Bring XFX into the matter as well with an email to their support.

Lutfij

Titan
The sound seems like a cable is brushing up against the fan blades and making that rattle. Another instance of why that could happen if there's a hair follicle impeding the fan's motor/movement. What is the make and model of your PSU? I wouldn't tamper with that card, instead do an RMA explaining the situation. Bring XFX into the matter as well with an email to their support.

Solution

LukaNyan

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2015
I checked and it doesn't seem like cables are brushing the fan.
My PSU is a ATX Antec 650w GOLD modular .
I've opened a ticket on the xfx website just in case, explaining them the situation. 😕
Worst case scenario I'll RMA back to amazon sadly..

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS