XFX GeForce 9800GTX+ with a 1x6 pin power connector?

Moonies

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
I recently got this card from newegg and it came with a 1x6 pin connector (by XFX). I haven't seen any specs listing it as a 1x6 or even 1x8 anywhere; I've googled, checked the nvidia site, the XFX site and I've looked at the newegg expert forum which has it listed as a 2x6 on a power requirements thread.

Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on?

The motherboard I ordered was DOA, so I'd like to ship this back at the same time if there's a problem.. and I could use a better PSU.. fun.

edit: I should mention that the card has a model/serial number sticker listing it as a YDFH v4.1 with the exact same specifications. The decals on the card are the same as the ones in some of the XFX pictures.. except for the fact that they're all 2x6, god damnit.

chechak

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
hi ;
i have same problem I recently got this card from ebay(( XFX 9800 GTX+ 512MB DDR3 Standard PV-T98W-YDFH)) and came with 1x6 pin :eek: ,on xfx site and manual say it have 2x6 pin ....... :cry: IS THIS NORMAL OR WHAT???

If the card only has one plug it is because it does not require two. The 250gts is not a power hungry card with its requirements it only needs one. The information on the website is most likely old, before die shrink.

Yes, rolli59 is right, 9800GTX+ is not needed much power.
Even there's 9800GT which doesn't have a 6pin connector(green version)...
So don't worry about that, that's just normal. :)
Enjoy your card...