[SOLVED] Xfx merc 319 6800xt dual bios switch question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2021
Hi there,
I recently just bought a xfx 6800xt which i love but i am struggling to figure out which one is the performance mode bios on the card?

I have looked online and many are saying its to the left (towards the display port side) and others are saying it is the default on the right towards the pcie connectors.

Even the xfx website is saying its to the right in the help guide but when you look at the picture of them showing off the dual bios it says rage mode is to the left im so confused.

Any one have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Solution
Any one have any ideas?
From what I have found online, looking at the card as if it were installed in a standard ATX case, the left side (toward the display outputs) is "rage mode" increasing power limits by 7watt and 75Mhz gpu clock and the right side (toward the pcie 6+2pin ports) is the default "balance" mode. In most games it will probably be an unnoticeable difference. I personally would leave it in balanced mode to reduce heat output, but even that probably wont matter as it may only be 1-2c hotter at most in rage mode.
Apr 2, 2021
I did and stress tested both on adrenaline software and couldn't tell the difference.

Very new to this was just hoping someone knew which one was the performance bios so I would know for sure

Any one have any ideas?
From what I have found online, looking at the card as if it were installed in a standard ATX case, the left side (toward the display outputs) is "rage mode" increasing power limits by 7watt and 75Mhz gpu clock and the right side (toward the pcie 6+2pin ports) is the default "balance" mode. In most games it will probably be an unnoticeable difference. I personally would leave it in balanced mode to reduce heat output, but even that probably wont matter as it may only be 1-2c hotter at most in rage mode.

Solution
Apr 2, 2021
Thanks a million for that bit of peace of mind il roll with the rage mode and do an overclock this card seems to be great for temps so far... Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.