Xfx nforce 750a SLI slow starting & performace

madden2001

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010
Hi, I have been having trouble for the last month ive noticed my computer getting slower on restart. it use to be about 1min 20sex then went to about 3-4min. at this point I upgraded my virus scanner etc etc. nothing was found. then it started having issues while i was playing. slow performace. taking acouple seconds for everything to happen. at this point i figured virus or some hardware error. wiped my comp reinstalled windows. the install wasnt successful. i tried again. success. but... it was still slow & upon restart took over 25min to get back to my desktop. right now im on but its very sluggish. HELP!!!

madden2001

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010

hi maziar thx for replying. ive updated all the drivers. but havent updated the bio's. im wondering which flash utility i should use as ive never flashed my bio's before. my version is 1.0. the latest is 1.7 so im guessing i need to to that. hoping it will solve the problem. my computer takes about an hr to finally reach my desktop. seems to hang on loading windows the most. also ive noticed once my comp has been on for awhile it runs slightly better. but still takes decades to accomplish any meager task. ive alrdy burned the new bios to a cd. just wondering which flash utility i should use. & any other suggestions you might have or anyone else who happens to wander across this thread.

2.8gz
xfx nforce 750a
amd athlon 64 x2 5400
4gb ram
9800gt 1gb
windows 7 32bit os
not sure on the power supply. says thermaltake purepower 430w on it. model xp550 np

TRENDING THREADS