XFX PRO850W XXX Edition yah or nay

HeadHunter240

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012
So basically after 37 centuries of looking around, I believe for my upcoming build this will be the PSU I'll be going with.

Build will be as:

NZXT Phantom (will be running 4-6 case fans)
i5 2550k (mild OC, 4-4.2ish)
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
EVGA GTX 580 SC
G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 (8-16, not sure yet)
CM Hyper 212 EVO (1 fan intially, mayhaps 2 down the road)
Crucial M4 128 SSD
Some uber optical drive

I've no doubt the 850w can easily power this, though I do want to leave the option open for SLI in the future along with an addition of a HDD. Any objections to this PSU or the use on it on this build? I'm trying to take into account things like enough wattage for future expansion, enough cables for all periphrials (probably not a problem), cable length (Phantom is quite large), etc.

All critique is welcome! Thanks in advance!

HeadHunter240

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012
Indeed, that was my number one reason for looking their way, granted I'd imagine Seasonic would proly "put more" into their direct line of PSU's, however, I've always heard the standard is the same and theres hardly a difference at all between the two, except price. Which lead me to this : ) Thanks for the reply!

HeadHunter240

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012
LMAO! I chit you not, is was just about to type "So do I have a winner here?" hahaha
Thanks for the reply! I'm give this post a little while more to circulate, but I swear, unless someone absolutely blows me away with something unseen, your getting best anwser hahaha

HeadHunter240

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012
Thank you for the reassurance, it definitely makes me feel more confident in the purchase. So, no objections then to the functionality of this PSU with my build? I feel like ive made a good desicion, everybody loves to have that reassurance though, thanks again guys/gals!