Question Xfx qick 7700xt (or merc 7800xt/6700xt/6800 if same design?)

Phil_33

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Does someone in here have this card yet? I don't see any reviews or tearing or something.
Even nexus doesn't have a video yet.

How is this card? Temps? Noise?
Downvolt?
Maybe the merc 7800xt/6700xt/6800 has the same design and fans?
Who has the 7800xt merc card?
Haven't had the best experience with xfx (rx590) but that was just a wrong card and design at the wrong time.

Last edited:

Phil_33

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Techpowerup seem to have reviewed it: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/xfx-radeon-rx-7700-xt-qick-319/

I know someone with a merc 7900 XT, he seems to like it. No complaints about performance.
Sorry for late answer but its strange. Its as if xfx stepped up their game.
Right now I have an xfx rx590 and the coilewhine as well as the fans and the coolingdesign are all horrible.
So I would be against xfx normally. But the pricing as well as the temps while still running without too much noise, suggests that I need to go for xfx again... Sapphire might be quieter but is also hotter...
Maybe I just bought the wrong card at the wrong time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I haven't seen reviews of the Powercolor Hellhound 7700xt but its 7800xt version beats all of them for noise and temperature.

they both have the same heatsinks on them... so there is nothing stopping the Hellhound 7700xt being coolest.

only thing I don't like about Hellhounds are the choice of rgb colours on them.. only two preset colours.

Reactions: Phil_33
Here are the brands of GeForce and Radeon cards that I've owned in my life:

GeForce:
Albatron - FX-5200 (AGP)
Palit - 8500 GT Super+1GB (PCIe)
PNY - 8400 GS Verto (PCI)
XFX - 6200 (AGP)

Radeon (all PCIe):
ASRock - RX 6600 Challenger, RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC
ATi - RX 6800 XT Reference Model
Gigabyte - 2×HD 7970 Windforce OC
Powercolor - RX 6500 XT ITX Gaming
Sapphire - 2×R9 Fury Nitro OC+
XFX - 2×HD 4870 1GB, 1×HD 5450 1GB, 1×HD 6450 1GB, 1×RX 5700 XT Triple-Dissipation/THICC-III

The only card that I ever received that was problematic was an XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT Triple-Dissipation. I sent it in for RMA and got a beautiful THICC-III model back. Turns out, it was also defective with a VRAM error but I got another THICC-III and it was perfect.

Just because I got a bad card from XFX, it doesn't mean that I think that they're inferior. ANY brand of AIB can have a defective product. As you can see, I've owned SIX cards by XFX which means that five of them were as flawless as all of the other cards that I've owned.

Take whatever brand and model that gives you what you value most. Some want low price, some want fancy RGB, some only want a 3-fan cooler and some can't fit a 3-fan cooler. The brand name and the performance will be irrelevant because what could be called "the best" and what could be called "the worst" in performance will be separated by no more than 5%.

Reactions: Phil_33

Phil_33

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
I haven't seen reviews of the Powercolor Hellhound 7700xt but its 7800xt version beats all of them for noise and temperature.

they both have the same heatsinks on them... so there is nothing stopping the Hellhound 7700xt being coolest.

only thing I don't like about Hellhounds are the choice of rgb colours on them.. only two preset colours.
The price of the hellhound is a bit more. How about the power draw? Is it more power efficient then the XFX?