XFX r9 280 HDMI help urgent !!!

Xenomania

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
Just ordered an xfx r9 280 card and then read this is a new egg review and various other places what does this mean ? Does this mean HDMI is broken on the card altogether. Please be noob friendly with answers.

Cons:The HDMI port is NOT HDCP compatible! I did some research and this is a problem with both the XFX 280 and the XFX 280X lines. How this got past QA is beyond me.
Other Thoughts:I was very happy with this card until I ran into the HDCP problem. The only solution is to use an adapter and one of the other ports on the card. Even the DVI port is HDCP compatible, but the one that set the standard, HDMI, is not.

What's this mean shall I get the sapphire dual x ?

Solution
Hello, The MINI DP is HDCP compliant. If you are needing this feature, please visit xfxsupport.com and we will send you a free HDMI to MDP adapter to bypass this issue. Any MDP to HDMI adapter should work.

Thank you!

XFX_Support

Distinguished
Hello, The MINI DP is HDCP compliant. If you are needing this feature, please visit xfxsupport.com and we will send you a free HDMI to MDP adapter to bypass this issue. Any MDP to HDMI adapter should work.

Thank you!

Solution

Thanks for the support sir , Love your products ;)

I'm playing Hard.