XFX Radeon HD 6950 problem? I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

werke-t

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
Hey guys, im just getting back into the performance PC world as of lately. I purchased a PC newly built off craigslist about two weeks ago.

So whats happening is the PC runs AMAZING, but after a hour or two of being powered up the screen goes a SOLID color (different color every time) and freezes me out. I have to reboot and everything is normal again... then randomly sometimes 5 hours later it will do it again, I think its the video card because its always a weird random color, I cant do anything but reboot.
Here's the specs off CL ad:

Case: Cooler Master HAF X
Processor: AMD Phenom II 1100t Black Edition-six core 3.3ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5
Ram: 8GB 7-7-7-21 G.Skill Ripjaws Gaming Series
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6950 1GB
PSU: Cooler Master GX 750W
HDD: Western Digital 1TB 7200rpm
DVD: Asus DVD-RW"

Sucks because I just purchased this PC and the video card is very expensive to replace. Ive contacted the seller and there is a limited warranty (he thinks). He got the GPU from newegg, and the card manufacturer is XFX. I go onto XFX site it says contact the company you purchased the card from for warranty info. And when I get on new egg it says contact the company that produces the GPU... lol wtf?!

I was going to have the owner call XFX monday to see what they can do.

Here is some screenshots from my cell phone of what the screen looks like:
IMAG0161.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic, but looks like this. Just a solid color screen. Sometimes It has small vertical lines.

Thanks for the help, Im just frustrated because I wish I knew it was the GPU and not something else..

Travis

werke-t

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
It actually did it immediately after I posted this thread:

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

So should I try and send back the Radeon HD 6950? or could something else be the culprit?

BTW I have updated all the drivers on the mother board and video card. Didn't help

Status
Not open for further replies.