[SOLVED] XFX Radeon RX 570 DirectX 12 8GB 256-Bit DDR5 PCI Express 3.0 on intel DH67GD with 32 gb ram and I5 isnot booting past bios check

meborrh

Prominent
Oct 3, 2019
System was working perfect with a Geforce 1050 ti and i upgraded to the radeon rx 750 i have found the motherboard is compatible with a score of 80 so i went for it but it wont go past bios check on boot and it will not recognize keystrokes when i try to enter bios setup, will upgrading bios make a difference? Sort of a scary maneuver since i know it could easily brick the mobo. i have seen others with same issue on intel mobos and some others seem to work just fine. i put back the 1050ti and everything works as it should.

Last edited:
Solution
Update: Well i ended up gambling it and Successfully upgraded the BIOS, after reboot the system pulled like champ and problem solved.
Now to figure out why one of my two screens keeps going to power save mode after playing the division for a little bit, but not when im using protools or fl studio or anything else. AMD is famous for their complications maybe i should have spent the extra bucks for a Geforce which i never had issues with.

meborrh

Prominent
Oct 3, 2019
Make/model of your power supply?

"PowerSpec 550W 80 Plus Bronze ATX Power Supply" i tried my complete setup in that find parts website and it all matches up in there does it mean it should work off the bat? or bios update to last version is still recommended, though scary process for me if it brick mobo its going to hurt.

Last edited:

meborrh

Prominent
Oct 3, 2019
Update: Well i ended up gambling it and Successfully upgraded the BIOS, after reboot the system pulled like champ and problem solved.
Now to figure out why one of my two screens keeps going to power save mode after playing the division for a little bit, but not when im using protools or fl studio or anything else. AMD is famous for their complications maybe i should have spent the extra bucks for a Geforce which i never had issues with.

Solution