Question XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8GB

shazam1408

Prominent
Jan 5, 2019
Card Name is on title but its basically an oldie XFX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8gb

All right, So I installed card and everything went fine, downloaded drivers from the AMD website directly (AutoDetect.exe ETC), went to the Radeon settings and undervolted a little bit because I noticed this card does not care for heat (95c on some games (Witcher 3/Ark: Survival Evolved - High/Ultra 1920x1200 monitor) and not even full screen, I was using basically like 1440x900). So I decided to mess around with the fan settings for the GPU and got it to run Ark(haven't tested Witcher 3 again) at 60-70c at 60fps (why 60fps? because I know this GPU is kinda old now and I always enable V-Sync when I see temperatures going above 80+). Keep in mind I undervolted but never overclocked(not my thing considering I live in Puerto Rico and its on constant 80-95F all around temperatures and no AC). Fan settings were on automatic when it reached 95c but when I manually adjusted them to what I like to see, I got 65-70c etc.

Question is, Fans are quite loud and max fan speed is at 85% at 64C+ , Is this normal for this GPU? It's actually my first time diving so deep into the custom settings on my components. Usually with GPU's I bought in the past, they never reached 95C on auto settings.

EDIT #1 : Also, I am using a Ryzen 5 2400g CPU with 2x4gb = 8gb of RAM 3000Mhz (they are actually 3200Mhz but with 3000Mhz I am satisfied). PSU is a Cooler Master MWE White 550w. AeroCool Cyclon RGB Midtower with Acrylic Side window which I removed because of the heat.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS