Question XFX Radeon Rx580 No power

Jul 31, 2019
Bought a used XFX radeon rx 580 from facebook.

plugged it in, booted, got 3 mins into apex and my whole computer shut down.

tried to power back up but got nothing. plugged in my old graphics card (radeon rx570) and computer boots fine.

using a 650 watt gold psu, card was used for mining (which I found out after purchase)

I cant even put the stock bios on because I cant even get my computer to do anything with it plugged in.

Anyone have any suggestions?
thanks in advance

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Return the thing and get your money back.
"used for mining" is something you should've been told before you bought. Did the seller purposely withhold that info from you?
RX 580 was one of the most popular and lucrative gpus used during the mining craze... this card probably doesn't have much life left.

Jul 31, 2019
tried that, but they wont even try to help me out and plug it into the original computer and change the bios.

seller did not inform it was used for mining until after I got it home and it didn't work.

Jul 27, 2019
to be honest, i think you're better of buying a different gpu. if you ever want to buy mining cards, meet the person you're buying it from in real life and ask him if he has a pc to test the cards in first. if he does, run some games on it and see if the card's fans are running well, see if it shuts the display/system down in heavy loads, look at the temps of the card, etc. if he doesn't, it's a gamble! it is at your own risk.

i wish you the best of luck with your card.. i hate it when people use high end and valuable hardware just to make some profit out of it, while it could be used for so much more than just mining things like bitcoin (which isn't profitable anymore in 2019, but you know what i mean).

of course, this is just my opinion. just be very careful when you buy used mining parts, or just used parts in general. once again, i wish you all of my luck with the card. though, i'm afraid it might be too late for him. you'll be better off buying a new one.

Jul 31, 2019
Thanks for the input, yeah looks like I got had. Whats gonna be a good 8GB graphics card to get. Im coming from my radeon rx570 4gb. I've heard the xfx radeon rx580's are being driven up by the "miners" another card that can give me the same performance and be under 200 bucks?