XFX RX 460 No Signal on monitor

amped103

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
I'm trying to install an XFX RX 460 into my Dell Optiplex 990. When I plug the card in and start the Dell screen starts up and everything looks fine, then, when Windows starts to load, the screen goes black and says "No Signal". I've uninstalled all previous drives for the R7 240 I'm currently using, upgraded the PSU to a Seasonic 500W, and I made sure to plug in the 6 pin power connector to the GPU. I have the latest BIOS and I still can't get the thing to work. When I turn on my system the blue LED on the card lights up, but the fan doesn't spin, maybe a power issue? Or maybe the Pc isn't on long enough for the fan to kick on? It's connected to my monitor through a Display Port to VGA Active adapter. Other information:

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz 38 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 06D7TR (CPU 1)
Graphics
HP w19b/w19e (1440x900@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (Unknown) 35 °C

I have another PC I could try it on, but it's also a 990 Optiplex with the same motherboard, only with a 650W PSU, son I'm not sure how much good it would do. I also have an HP that might work, but it's old, and I'd have to take the power supply from my PC to test it and I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I've seen this problem on a lot of forums and I have yet to find one where the issue is solved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.If you need any additional information, just let me know. Sorry, I forgot to say it's am XFX RX 460 4GB single fan.