[SOLVED] XFX RX 570 4GB weird problem

Wolfxmw

Commendable
Apr 18, 2021
Hello fellow pc enthusiasts. I have an odd problem with my GPU. A few days ago while I was playing Valorant which isn't a very GPU intensive game, my screen suddenly went black while the pc was still powered on. I rebooted the PC and found out that the GPU's fans were spinning but my screen was still black. I reseated my GPU on the PCIE slot after giving it a blow with my blower and rebooted. This time the GPU was giving display so I logged into windows and launched the game, once again before the game could launch the screen went black. Anyways, I decided to test my PC to be sure if it was either the MOBO or PSU and went to a friend's house. I swapped his GPU with mine and same started happening to his PC while his GPU worked perfectly in my system. I played a song on his pc and left it to play, after 2 mins or so the screen went black and the audio froze as well. This was 2 days ago, today I decided to clean my GPU (it wasn't dirty) and replace thermal paste, I reinstalled it in the system and the same happened after 8 mins. Can anyone tell me what could be causing the GPU to act this way or if it can be fixed, also do tell me if the GPU is dying.

My System specs:
Processor: Ryzen 5 1400
GPU: XFX RX 570 4GB
Motherboard: MSI B350M Bazooka
RAM: SK-Hynix 8GB DDR4 2666Mhz
PSU: EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze

Solution
You've done good diagnostics.
If your friend's GPU works fine in your system and your GPU freezes in his system, then it sounds like your GPU is dying/dead. You've already cleaned it and replaced the thermal paste and it's doing the same thing so, it's time for a new GPU.
If your friend's GPU works fine in your system and your GPU freezes in his system, then it sounds like your GPU is dying/dead. You've already cleaned it and replaced the thermal paste and it's doing the same thing so, it's time for a new GPU.

Reactions: Wolfxmw
Solution

Wolfxmw

Commendable
Apr 18, 2021
Thanks for the response, I had a spare old HD 5670 so my PC is still operational. Just wanted to see if anyone else experienced a problem like this and if there is a way to fix this, because the GPU prices are ridiculous right now and I don't have much of a budget for a new GPU!

Reactions: alceryes

Wolfxmw

Commendable
Apr 18, 2021
I have similar problem with xfx570. It can work sometimes. Sometimes not. Somedays it works 2 or 3 or even 5 days and then freezes. Other times it works just 1 or 10 minutes. Sometimes it do not work on PC start up at all. There is no logical pattern. I check everything, so many times. I tried every possible solution I could on internet: Heat it up, or cool it down, flash the bios, new thermal paste and pad, old drivers, new drivers, new win10 installation, old windows, connector and cables, new pc, old pc. ect ect. Nothing works.

If anyone have a new idea for fix, I would be happy to hear about it.
Hey, sad to hear you are having this same problem. I would like to update that I was not able to fix my card and has kept it in my showcase as a decoration piece. Your card is also dying like mine and you have tried more things than me. So I guess you should go for a new GPU as well!