Jul 29, 2024
I bought a xfx rx 5700 xt thicc iii ultra on ebay, (bad idea, it arrived damaged).

I took it to a friend and he checked it and there are some short lines, and he wants to know if they are the lines that go to the GPU chip (he has the feeling that they are) and to know if the graphics are unrecoverable.

Anyone who can help me with this would appreciate it.

I can tell you that I personally have an XFX RX 5700 XT THICC-III and it's a great card. If your card arrived damaged, you should send it back. I sure as hell wouldn't have accepted it. If someone sells you a damaged item, you don't try to fix it or make it work, you send it back. Unless the ad explicitly said that it was damaged, your willingness to accept it only emboldens sellers to keep getting worse.

Reactions: Imperat0r
Jul 29, 2024
I can tell you that I personally have an XFX RX 5700 XT THICC-III and it's a great card. If your card arrived damaged, you should send it back. I sure as hell wouldn't have accepted it. If someone sells you a damaged item, you don't try to fix it or make it work, you send it back. Unless the ad explicitly said that it was damaged, your willingness to accept it only emboldens sellers to keep getting worse.
Yes, but I live in the Dominican Republic, and to return it through a courier plus shipping costs from there in the USA, it can be a problem plus customs stuff, it may not even be worth returning it (I contacted the seller, I'm waiting Please answer me, if you don't answer me in any way they will give me my money back) and if I can repair it here without having to go through that whole process it would be the best

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Yes very true about the cost of shipping plus additional cost.
But it is also true that the seller must assume the responsability for his products.
So if you opened a case against the seller, Ebay will solve it, relax.
After that you inform us about how it was solved.
Good luck!