Question XFX RX 580 crash the game with green color?

1YAMI

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
well i have built a new PC and everything worked and so ....
after i used my GPU for two hours it started crash and restart the whole PC and when it's back he tell's me “Default Radeon Wattman Settings have been restored due an unexpected system failure”
Ok when I started play any game csgo overwatch even brawlhalla :0 It’s started showing a green things like cubes and crash the game and sometimes the whole PC
i really need HELP
i built my new PC before days
and now i can't play any game ,it's crash immediately
ANY HELP?
My PC parts

msi x470 gaming plus
amd razen7 1700
XFX RX 580
PSU cooler master MWE BRONZE 550watt
PLEASE HELP ?

Lutfij

Titan
If your system reboots only when taxed(during a gaming session) then the culprit is likely your PSU. Might want to borrow the same PSU but with a higher wattage to rule out your unit being incapable of sustaining that load for a prolonged period of time.

Make sure your BIOS is up to date and you're on the latest drivers for your chipset and GPU.

1YAMI

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
If your system reboots only when taxed(during a gaming session) then the culprit is likely your PSU. Might want to borrow the same PSU but with a higher wattage to rule out your unit being incapable of sustaining that load for a prolonged period of time.

Make sure your BIOS is up to date and you're on the latest drivers for your chipset and GPU.
I tried test it on another PSU and it’s the same 😢

1YAMI

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
Which PSU did you try ? List the exact Model number/brand.
i tried on huntkey gs500
if you have any PSU can handle my gpu in my country IRAQ ,
so please give me tips
and i can't give you picture of the green screen because i don't have the pc right now
but it's definitely comes when the game crash (green cubes everywhere)

i tried on huntkey gs500

That's a very poor quality PSU. This is not a very common/popular power supply brand. That unit looks very low-end. https://en.huntkey.com/product/500w-power-supply/ I wouldn't use this PSU on any gaming PC. Please avoid using this power supply. I'm skeptical about the build quality of that power unit. Who knows this PSU might have taken away the GPU with itself, damaging it in process ?

How much is your Budget for the PSU ?

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Btw, this PSU list is NOT exhaustive, nor 100% accurate though, but at least it gives us some idea about the brand reputation, in the hierarchy list..BUT, make a note though. Despite Seasonic, XFX listed under the "arguably best brands" category by me, they have had pretty poor quality units as well. like the XT series, and SeaSonic S12II Series. There are more exceptions though...

Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies.

PSU brands to never buy from

• Diablotek
  • Chieftech
  • Circle
  • Sharkoon
  • Youngbear
  • Powercool
  • Rocketfish
  • Rave
  • Linkworld
  • Shuttle
  • Skyhawk
  • Foxconn
  • Wintech
  • Winpower
  • Apevia
  • Coolmax
  • Logisys
  • Sparkle
  • Raidmax
  • Zalman
  • Diablotek
  • Xilence
  • Tacens
  • iBALL
  • Zebronics.
  • Logisys.

• Average PSU brands (Not deadly but I would avoid them)
  • NZXT
  • Enermax
  • Cougar
  • Bitfenix
Good PSU brands (These psu brands have decent-great PSUs, but also have a few outliers)
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Cooler master
  • Be quiet!
  • Fractal Design
  • SilverStone
  • FSP.
Arguably the best brands, but that's a slight exaggeration..
  • Seasonic
  • XFX
  • Superflower
  • EVGA
Conclusion::: Most power supplies you buy should be fine as long as you're not pushing them to the very limits. I obviously didn't include every OEM and re-seller but I listed the main ones. Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies, it just takes a little reviewing and forethought into your system requirements before you make a selection....

Last edited: