Question XFX RX 580 malfunctioning?

Aug 1, 2019
Hello everybody,

So I purchased a new PC build about 7 months ago.

My build :
Cpu : Ryzen 2700x 3700MHz
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsV 16GB DDR4-3200MHz
Motherboard : Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
Graphics card: XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB GTS XXX Edition
PSU: Be Quiet Pure Power 11 700W

Everything was working fine. A few days ago I've been experiencing some graphic glitches like random flashing green or black boxes, lines and triangles on every application. They pop-up on screen constantly on random locations. As soon as I disable my RX 580 from device manager the glitches stop.

What's weird is that games with 1080p full screen display work perfectly with no graphic glitches. In windowed mode the glitches continue.

Even with Heaven benchmark everything works fine and on Extreme settings I get a score of 1409, which seems ok. I also get good tempuratures between 50-60 C.

After a clean OS install and clean driver install (with DDU on safe mode) the glitches continue at a much worst rate.

Is my graphics card malfunctioning?

I started noticing these glitches after some 3D rendering with Cinema 4d .

Can you post a screenshot of these Glitches, green/black boxes ? From your description this indeed sounds like your Video card might be faulty, mostly a VRAM corruption issue.

BUT, according to your post, sometimes there are NO glitches on the screen, even with Heaven benchmark ? What about IDLE desktop mode ? Are the glitches still visible in FULL screen, not windowed ?

Check/replace the Monitor cables as well. Try to reseat the GPU on the PCI-E express slot of your mobo.

Aug 1, 2019
Thank you for your reply,

I actually did reseat my graphics card with no result. I'm using a Displayport cable provided by my Acer B247Y monitor. I will try to use HDMI cable to see if it persists.

If I try any full screen game everything works fine. As soon as I switch to windowed mode or use the windows key it begins to glitch again. Any other application I use Windows or third party it glitches even in full screen mode. Except full screen games.

No glitches on the screen, even with Heaven benchmark full screen extreme settings.
IDLE desktop mode also glitches but at a much lesser rate.

I will provide screenshots on my next reply.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.